Thursday, June 7, 2007

Daughters - Summer Vacation Days 12 & 13

Personal Accomplishments: *
Memories: *
World Impact: n/a



These are some pictures of my super cute niece, Ella Grace. Ms. Nola, my mom's great friend from Michigan, brought a tiara and a feather boa for her all the way from Michigan. Tiaras and boas are Ms. Nola's thing. Anyhow, Ella loved it and I thought I would share. So, Elizabeth wrote in her blog about the incident and I thought she made an excellent point. She said that she never thought she would see her daughter in a tiara because she doesn't care for the whole "princess" mentality. Elizabeth then went on to say she had changed her opinion because, it's one thing to dress your daughter like a princess, but quite another to raise her like one. I wholeheartedly agree.

It has been incredibly helpful and uplifting for me to see how my sister-in-law, Elizabeth, handles motherhood. While I originally (9 years ago original) thought that we were total opposites, I now see that we are far more alike than we are different. Seeing how gracefully and comfortably she handles all types of parenting situations thrown at her gives me confidence that I, most likely, won't permanently emotionally damage my children. When I do finally decide to step into the role of mother, I know that she will be an incredibly valuable resource and confidant.

1 comment:

Carris Family said...

Yeah for blogs! I am so glad that you found us! I have really missed keeping up with you! I will be sure to check your blog often! I miss you! Molly