Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Bowling - Summer Vacation Days 10 & 11

Personal Accomplishments: **
Memories: **
World Impact: **

Today was bowling for Camp Tejas. I worked with three kids, one of which had his own bag, ball, shoes, and team shirt. Oddly enough, he scored the lowest of the group. There was also a boy who used the bowling ramp to play. I would have to remind him every time to gently place the ball on the top of the ramp and then push it, DO NOT THROW THE BALL AT THE RAMP!!! One staff member decided that he could teach aforementioned student to throw the ball without the use of the ramp. The student dropped the ball on the staff member's foot and that was the end of his lessons. We had fun though. The kids really like to be able to do well at something, just like any other kid.

Yesterday was a lazy day, aside from a trip to Costco, because today was supposed to be so busy. I have been anticipating for weeks a dinner with a great friend in from Boston on business. Sarah and I were supposed to meet up for Indian food at Madras Pavilion in Dallas (props to Tim for introducing me). Unfortunately, Sarah had to cancel last minute as she had to fly back. I am so bummed! I really was looking forward to some unrushed time to talk with her before her wedding in September. Sarah and I were very close friends in high school, but we sort of lost touch for awhile as we are both not very good at calling and such. We never really completely dropped out of each other's lives, but we were not real consistent. Anyhow, we were able to take a trip together to a friend's wedding in October and we had a great time together, picked things up right where we left off.


Although we talk more now, it's not the same as being face to face, so I was looking forward to tonight to catch up a bit more, as both our lives have changed drastically in the last 5 years or so, as have we. But things happen and there will be other dinners. I'm crossing my fingers it will be soon!

No comments: