Sunday, June 17, 2007

BAP

In honor of Father's Day, I would like to let everyone know what a fantastic dad I have. While many women end up marrying someone like their father, I instead ended up as my dad's female clone. As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Here are the top 5 reasons I appreciate my dad:

#5: My dad raised me to be interested in the world around me. He instilled in me an interest in politics, cultures, psychology, and basically people in general. He's just about the greatest "people" person you could ever meet.

#4: My dad is big into character, and he never let me do lackluster or careless work. He showed me how important it is to work to the best of my ability, no matter if the situation was playing in a soccer game or picking weeds in the backyard.

#3: My dad always makes me feel smart. He tells me how helpful and brilliant I am for even the smallest things, like showing him how to attach a file to an email.

#2: My dad tells it like it is. I have never had to guess how my dad felt about a choice I made or a boyfriend I had. I appreciate that he lets me know if he's proud of me, as well as telling me when I disappointed him. He's always held the bar pretty high, but I see that as a compliment because he obviously believes I can reach it. Because of that, I have always had high standards for myself as well.

#1: Lastly, my dad always has supported me in any hobby, sport, or adventure I've undertaken. From soccer to study abroad to moving to Seattle, he has continually encouraged me. My dad has been there for me
physically by being at events to cheer me on or driving me thousands of miles,
financially by giving me the money to participate or the funds to get on my feet,
mentally by talking me through potential problems or pumping me up to dispel any nerves, and
spiritually by praying with me or reminding me Who I belong to.

I am truly blessed to have BAP as my dad.

2 comments:

Hol said...

Vanessa P. from RCC and ACU?
It's me, Holly D.

I really enjoyed this post. It is very true and a nice way to honor your dad.

Hope you, your hubby, and your family are doing well.

annalee said...

love this post! what a great dad you have. i could not be more excited that you have a blog. my day is complete!