Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Big Fatty Greek Wedding

So I have not written in awhile, and I really should be writing about my 10 year high school reunion and my trip to Michigan or about Sarah's wedding in Cape Cod and our trip to Boston. Instead, I am a little behind and I decided I just need to get going. So I am going to write about current things and get to the past when I have time.

This last weekend, Trey and I and my friend Anya went to our friend Lindsey's wedding. She is Greek Orthodox and the wedding was 100% Greekified. Much of the ceremony was in Greek and there were lots of names like Cristos and Efthiomos, and her new last name is Petropoulous. The ceremony was at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church of Dallas . It was so beautiful! It was a traditional Greek ceremony, very similar to the Catholic mass wedding ceremonies, but with a lot more chanting and singing/talking. This is the best picture I could get of the church since you can't use flash as it is a wedding and not a fashion show. So there was lots of delicious Greek food (hence the "fatty" title) and circle dancing and Greek toasts and "Ompah!" going on. We had a really great time seeing a more ethnic wedding than we are used to.

4 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

YES....finally an update!!!

Welcome back!
Ash

Hol said...

So glad you had a great time! It's funny that you wrote about a Greek wedding; this past weekend J and I went to a Greek Festival with a couple (and the wife is Greek). OPA! :)

annalee said...

ooh, i love weddings, and i would have loved to experience that one! thanks for letting me imagine it all through your blog. so cool!

Kara Graves said...

oh! It is a new blog! I check by your site almost everyday and was pleasantly surprised today! Welcome back!