Monday, July 16, 2007

I Can't Even Sew!

I just dropped Layla off for emergency surgery to remove a needle from her stomach. Apparently she has been bleeding internally since a few months ago because this needle perforated her stomach and possibly her liver. When she stopped barking when we came home, as well as let Finn bound around the house unchecked, we knew something was wrong. My only question is, how on earth did she swallow a needle? Layla is not a chewer. In fact we leave her out by herself when we are gone. She never touches anything (except wooden pencils weird as that is) so I can't imagine how she swallowed a needle, let alone a sewing needle. We don't even have sewing needles in our house! Anyhow, Dr. Whitworth said there is a chance Layla won't make it as she has already lost so much blood, but he said he was confident she will be ok. I started to cry a little but I hardly got to say goodbye to her before they took her away. Anyhow, say a prayer for Layla!

3 comments:

Ash, Kel n Ella said...

Poor doggy. I hope Layla's ok. Keep us posted.

Kelly

Hol said...

I'm so sorry Vanessa. That brings tears to my eyes.

We'll keep you all in our prayers. Hang in there Layla!

annalee said...

v,
i really hope layla is okay. i just said a prayer for her and for y'all. hang in there and keep us posted!!!
alm