Monday, March 19, 2007

Passing Time

So, Trey was gone this last weekend, plus a few more days. He was at SXSW with Garrett and he had a blast. So glad I didn't have to go as I can only take in so many shows before I get irritable. Anyhow, I stayed here and relaxed. I watched some great movies that inspired me to stand up for what I believe in and made me appreciate the freedom we have to say whatever we want about our government. The primary movie was about Sophie Scholl, an anti-Nazi activist during WW2.
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
She fought with words and was executed for it. She spoke out against the war and Hitler and that was not tolerated. Amazingly, at 21 she gave her life for a cause she believed in. Made me what to run out and save something, someone. From what or where, I don't know.

Seeing that movie made me wonder if I would have the courage to do what Sophie did. Every movie I see about a martyr makes me wonder this. It's so easy to think, "Well of course I would hide Jews and speak out against Hitler!" I think we underestimate how much influence our historical knowledge has on us. Knowing what happened to the Jews, who wouldn't risk everything to save one? But they didn't know what we know now. They didn't know how much of a hero they would turn out to be.

So anyhow, since Trey wasn't here, I also got to eat whenever and whatever I wanted. Not that I normally don't, but, well, I ate weird combinations of things. On Thursday I had a root beer float and sushi party for a student. On Friday I had bubble tea and Bueno. On Saturday I bought velveeta and ro-tel to make queso. Yummmmmmmm. I also bought a box of Nutty Bars and ate the whole box. Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at PhotobucketNot just one package of two, but all six packages of two which according to my middle school math equals 12 individual nutty bars. It was worth it on every one.

No comments: