Monday, March 12, 2007

Birthday Bust

Today was my 28th birthday. Not that I expect a big celebration at this age or anything, but I figured I would at least enjoy the day. It didn't help that today was the first day back after spring break. Here are the low points.

1) Woke up at 8:10. While that means almost 2 hours of extra sleep, but it also means I am already 10 minutes late for work. As a teacher, you can't really be late for work. The kids are there, waiting and there is no one to cover for you, EXCEPT YOUR BOSS. 1st period starts at 8:30. Panic.

2) Phone is dead as unnamed husband left it off the hook. No blaming here, just finger-pointing. Cannot call work to even have boss cover me. No, we do not have cell phones. I imagine my kids wandering the halls telling everyone they see, "Mrs. Logue isn't here. Can you help us find her?" Sweating.

3) Takes 23 minutes to get to work. Therefore I do not have time to:

  • shower
  • brush teeth
  • wash face
  • brush hair (not all that unusual for me)
  • eat breakfast
  • cover up dirtiness with make-up

4) Grabbed wrong lunch tupperware out of fridge. I end up eating pathetic portion of cold chili.

5) Forgot to get my purse so I can't buy anything for lunch.

6) Burned the popcorn that I needed to eat for lunch.


Now, to end on a good note, I came home to one happy Trey and two excited puppies, all vying for my attention, as well as three packages from wonderful family members. I showered, napped, and ate my breakfast at 6:30pm. The day started at a 3 and ended at an 8. Today probably would have peaked at a 6 had I not had such an atrocious morning. I have to have the bad to appreciate the good.

No comments: